The Pubs of Rye no. 8.
The Cinque Ports Arms Assembly Room, Cinque Ports Street.
by David Russell.
The foundation stone for the Cinque Ports Assembly Room was laid in August 1868, and within three months it was open as an integral part of the Cinque Ports Arms. The Assembly Room, which was 50 by 25 feet [15.24m x 7.62m], extended the frontage of the pub to a total of 141 feet [43m], making it one of the largest licensed premises in Rye. Continue reading Inns Of The Cinque Ports