By Dan Lake In December we held a Magical Christmas Bonanza at the Tilling Green Community Centre where the kids got to meet Father Christmas and also get a small gift and a certificate. We had face painting, a kids craft corner where there was drawing, colouring and making melting snowmen and we also had a tombola and other things for adults etc. Everybody that came seem to have a good time. Continue reading Tilling Green Resident’s Association
The Pubs of Rye no. 8.
The Cinque Ports Arms Assembly Room, Cinque Ports Street.
by David Russell.
The foundation stone for the Cinque Ports Assembly Room was laid in August 1868, and within three months it was open as an integral part of the Cinque Ports Arms. The Assembly Room, which was 50 by 25 feet [15.24m x 7.62m], extended the frontage of the pub to a total of 141 feet [43m], making it one of the largest licensed premises in Rye. Continue reading Inns Of The Cinque Ports