Old House Farm, owned by Ashton Selmes, was swallowed into the Stewart May empire. Ashton Selmes, who was quite a well known farmer and ploughing contractor, also at one time owned the land which is now the housing estate of Brickfield and Park View. It was here, when it was just a green field, he kept his big steam engines, which were a familiar Peasmarsh sight when they were not out on contract. In use they were placed each side of of a field and used to draw the plough from one side to the other. When not in use they were kept close to what we now know as the Bisky Bar. Continue reading The Stewart May Empire
The enclosed copy photograph is of the Tug-of War Team of the Cinque Ports volunteer Reserve. They were the champion team at the Brigade Camp in 1895 photographed with their individual Cups displayed on the table before them. Continue reading Pen & Ink
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.