The Vietnam Bike Ride in aid of Mencap

Between 31st October and 9th November, 2003 Rye and Rother Councillor Granville Bantick will be cycling 463 kms from the small city of Danang in the north of Vietnam to Saigon in the south for adults and children with learning disabilities (mental handicap).20He has paid an administrative fee of £300 and is well into a six month training stint preparing himself for this eight hours a day challenge. Granville, who is a keen member of the Rye & District Wheelers, has pledged to raise the minimum sponsorship sum of £2,600 for Mencap, the largest organisation in the UK caring and campaigning for people with learning disabilities and their families through an extension of its family support and advisory services. Can you help Mencap achieve this by sponsoring him in his challenge? I was obliged to send 70% of my sponsorship (£1,820) to Mencap on 22nd. August, ten weeks before departure in order to guarantee his place, and the remaining 30% (£780) has to be sent to Mencap five weeks after the event. If you would like to sponsor Granville Bantick on his epic journey he would be grateful if you would contact him on 227724 or 0771 843 9088

“Rye’s Own” September 2003

All articles, photographs, films and drawings on this web site are World Copyright Protected. No reproduction for publication without prior arrangement. (Hard Copy Back Numbers Still Available) © World Copyright 2015 Cinque Ports Magazines Rye Ltd., Guinea Hall Lodge Sellindge TN25 6EG