Hastings Week 2015 – part II
Hastings Week Publicity Officer and Vice Chairman Ion Castro shares some more images of the events during the week, this time the final weekend 17th & 18th October.
Hastings Week had been opened by the Mayor of Hastings, cllr. Bruce Dowling outside Hastings Town Hall on the morning of Saturday October 10th and this final weekend featured the two-day Crafts Fayre, The National Town Criers Competition during the day on Saturday and the fabulous Bonfire and torchlit procession in the evening. On Sunday the Sprat & Winkle classic commercial run from Sevenoaks ended at the stade, the Mayor and Carnival Court judged the Old Town Shop Windows and the closing ceremony too took place on the Stade.
MP & Mayor light the bonfire
10.. MP & Mayor light the bonfire
11 & 12 Bonfire 13. Mayor with Crafts Fayre organiser Sue Castro
14. Mayor inspects Ion Castro’s Panoramas at the Crafts Fayre
15. 17 &18 Mayor and Carnival Court judging Old Town Shop Windows
19. Carnival Court enjoy former East Kent 1937 Dennis Lancet
20. Carnival Court and former East Kent 1937 Dennis Lancet
21. Lowering the banners at Hastings Week closing ceremony
22. Carnival Court, Mayor and Town Crier at Hastings Week closing ceremony
23. Carnival Court at Crafts Fayre
“Hastings Town” December 2015
All articles, photographs, films and drawings on this web site are World Copyright Protected. No reproduction for publication without prior arrangement. © World Copyright 2015 Cinque Ports Magazines Rye Ltd., Guinea Hall Lodge Sellindge TN25 6EG